As fall approaches, so do the holidays that have us gather around the table. Here are a few quick, easy farmhouse fall centerpieces that you can create with little effort that will have your table looking GREAT for the season and all of the gatherings you have planned.
To make a centerpiece like this you only need a few things. Many of them you probably already have.
- Table cloth (not necessary, but a nice touch depending on your preference. If it’s wrinkled like mine usually are and you don’t want to mess with it, skip it. I promise no one will care.)
- Runner or scarf (that’s what’s under the wood tray in the photos above! $7 at Target… woohoo!)
- Decorative wood tray or box (like the ones we sell in our shop). 🙂
- Vase or container of some kind – get creative here. I used a small square vase because it was easy to grab. The possibilities are endless.
- Fresh goodies like flowers, apples, mini pumpkins, etc. For these photos I spent $12 on grocery store flowers and $3 on a bag of apples that I was buying for my family anyway.
I added a few artificial acorns for texture in a few of the settings. I got these years ago at the dollar store. Decorating doesn’t have to be fussy or expensive. And it SHOULD be fun and easy.
A bit unconventional for a centerpiece, yes. Fabulous and fun, even more yes! We don’t have to follow a bunch of rules when it comes to decorating our homes. We need to get comfortable doing what WE like and do a bit less worrying about what everyone on Pinterest or Instagram is doing, yes?
This tray is 4 feet long! Don’t let that stress you out when styling it! Grab 2 or 3 of your favorite things and start with that. Add greenery, maybe some flowers and you’re on your way to a beautiful table in minutes.
Another scarf from my closet for the win! Super simple. Scarf, decorative tray, candles, done. Oh… and dollar store acorns for good measure!
Decorating your table is a great way to make your home look put together for a special event or gathering. Also, just because you want to is a good reason too. It doesn’t have to be hard and is SHOULD be fun. (Are you receiving the message I’m sending? FUN, people. And EASY). I hope you’ve learned something and will grab a few items from around your home and give this a try! I want to know how it turned out! Leave a comment here or even better, snap a photo and tag #tenpennyhousestyle so I can see! 😉
Want all of this goodness and more delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up here.